Maybe it was the third grade teacher whose volcano experiment launched your passion for science, or the high school English teacher who coaxed the creation of an inspiring college essay. We each have an experience with a teacher who made a difference in our lives, and now we can make a difference in theirs. The Great Schools Partnership invites the community to help us say thank you and celebrate the work of our Knox County Educators during the week of September 28 – October 2, 2015.
Top 10 Ways to “Thank A Teacher”
1. Send a handwritten note of thanks to a teacher in your community.
2. Deliver a basket of homemade goodies to the office for teachers to enjoy.
3. Learn what teachers want or need in their classroom and approach local business about helping out with that need.
4. Use the Twitter hashtag #KCSThankATeacher to spread the word.
5. Learn about the Knox County Council PTA, or your local unit PTA, and get involved.
6. Say “Thank You!”
7. Show appreciation to all teachers, including those that may be neighbors, church members, or people that attend your gym.
8. Offer to help by volunteering, donating or getting the word out about a school or classroom event.
9. Share your success with a teacher who made a difference in your life.
10. Display a Thank A Teacher poster.
TeacherPreneur 2015 to be announced during Thank A Teacher Week!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates on the grant program that encourages teachers to use their expertise and creativity to improve our district and the learning opportunities we provide to Knox County students.